Configuring WINCE Image via PB5 to use 7" Display? [SOLVED]

crmann

Configuring WINCE Image via PB5 to use 7" Display? [SOLVED]

Post by crmann » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:55 pm

I am trying to configure the default mini2440 platform builder workspace to use the 7" TFT display. What files should be modified? I see a reference to "smdk2440.bat" in the "how to use" readme, and instructions to modify some lines of code, but the batch file referenced does not exist in my mini2440 CD:

Code: Select all

folder name: SMDK2440
	Wince BSP folder. There are 2 changes needed for support of different type of LCDs:
	(1) In SMDK2440\smdk2440.bat,  define of LCD_TYPE£º
		REM - LCD_TYPE for FriendlyARM
		set BSP_LCD_TYPE_N35=1
		set BSP_LCD_TYPE_A70=
	(2) In SMDK2440\INC\s2440.h, define of LCD_TYPE£º
		#define LCD_TYPE_N35	1
		#define LCD_TYPE_A70	2
		#define LCD_TYPE	LCD_TYPE_N35
The only batch file I see, "mini2440.bat", does not have these lines of code present. Do I just add these lines to the "mini2440.bat" file? I was able to build an image on my own but it was displayed for 3.5" screen..

:|
Last edited by crmann on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

nicolas

Re: Configuring WINCE Image (via PB5) to use 7" Display?

Post by nicolas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:32 am

How i would of approached this problem before posting,
I would have searched file contents (windows search or other utility) for the words "set BSP_LCD_TYPE_N35"
It would then tell me what file makes reference to that string. From there I would know what file to edit.

To give you a head start on the above...
You have the right file, why you cant find it unsure.
Do you have the SDK on the cd ?
Depending on your cd revision, it can be inside of WindowsCE5.0\smdk2440\smdk2440.bat

What files are in that folder on your cd ?

crmann

Post by crmann » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:43 am

That was my point, I have "mini2440.bat" but the code referenced in the "readme" is not present in the "mini2440.bat" batch file. I am concerned the method of defining the LCD_TYPE has changed. The readme file says "change" not "add" the lines of code. I am assuming the readme needs to be updated.

I haven't been able to work on this since the first post - not enough time during the week! I will just add the code and see what happens.

nicolas

Post by nicolas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:55 am

Yes its possible the funcionality has changed.
Its common with these BSP's.

But searching thru the file contents for those defines should still yield your answer.
Try "N35" or "A70"
I havent had a chance to look at the latest 5.0 BSP, or i would be of more help.

crmann

Post by crmann » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:20 am

Thank you for the help! I still haven't had time to look at this / build a new image, weekends are about the only time I have

:(

My bootloader's menu didn't even match the instructions so I would assume a few things have changed. Rest assured I will update this thread with my findings!

crmann

Post by crmann » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:09 pm

I have found the answer!!

The #DEFINE for the LCD_TYPE settings and batch file modifications, as outlined in the "how to use" readme, work - its just that the FILE NAMES have changed (at least for my BSP; ordered mini2440 kit in Jan 2010)

The file to edit the LCD_TYPE #DEFINE is now "options.h" and is in the [wince500\platform\mini2440\src\inc] folder. The file is NOT called s2440.h..

The batch file is now called "mini2440.bat" (NOT smdk2440.bat). Also, you must ADD the "set BSP_LCD_TYPE_A70= 1" line to the file.

EDIT:

My 2440 now boots using the full 7" touchscreen! I used the included "A70" bootloader in the "images" folder. The CE5 image I used was built using the included *.pbxml project file. I edited the language, included file viewers, made the above changes to "options.h", etc. The image built just fine. I should also note, using the included PB project file allowed me to include the test applications (LED test, comm tester, etc) that were not present in the ENGLISH A70 binary image.

Hope this helps someone 8-)