Wince downloading to mini2440 fault

icaro600

Wince downloading to mini2440 fault

Post by icaro600 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:49 am

Hi all, I,m new in the forum and also in Wince and mini2440 development system, my board is a mini 2440 with 4,3" lcd.

I have installed the image for linux qtopia from the CD,and everything is fine, but ethernet doesn´t works
Later I have tried to install the Wince5 as follows:
-Boot from Nor flash

-Select option "x" Format NAND FLASH for Linux---------supervivi version 1026-2k, I have tried with "Format flash" option also

-Select "v" Download vivi--------------------------I select the supervivi-128M from CD

-Select "n" Download nboot for Wince-----I use a nboot.bin for 4,3" I found in "developmentboard.net" site.There is no file for 4,3" in CD

-Select "w" Download Wince NK.bin-------------------------I found a 4,3" image in "developmentboard.net" site, there is no image for 4,3" lcd in CD

The result is :

-in vivi menu appears Enter your selection:
w

Clear the free memory
Please send the Image through USB.

And the bar progress of DNW is all the time showing no progress.
I did a test, just directly try to donwload the NK.bin with option "w", and the result is the same.
I have tried also nboot.bin and NK.bin from the CD, even for differents LCD sizes, with the same result.

It seems the problem is the supervivi bootloader in NOR doesn´t like the Wince image

I,m getting alot of problems ,could you help me please?

Thanks in advance

icaro600

Re: Wince downloading to mini2440 fault

Post by icaro600 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:38 am

Dear Sirs of esky-sh, can somebody help me? You told me in email that post the problem,I did it, but still waiting. My project is stopped waiting for help.

regards :evil:

Icaro600

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:26 am

I have installed the image for linux qtopia from the CD,and everything is fine, but ethernet doesn´t works
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=413
Later I have tried to install the Wince5 as follows:
-Boot from Nor flash

-Select option "x" Format NAND FLASH for Linux---------supervivi version 1026-2k, I have tried with "Format flash" option also

-Select "v" Download vivi--------------------------I select the supervivi-128M from CD

-Select "n" Download nboot for Wince-----I use a nboot.bin for 4,3" I found in "developmentboard.net" site.There is no file for 4,3" in CD

-Select "w" Download Wince NK.bin-------------------------I found a 4,3" image in "developmentboard.net" site, there is no image for 4,3" lcd in CD

The result is :

-in vivi menu appears Enter your selection:
w

Clear the free memory
Please send the Image through USB.

And the bar progress of DNW is all the time showing no progress.
I did a test, just directly try to donwload the NK.bin with option "w", and the result is the same.
I have tried also nboot.bin and NK.bin from the CD, even for differents LCD sizes, with the same result.

It seems the problem is the supervivi bootloader in NOR doesn´t like the Wince image
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=406

icaro600

Post by icaro600 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:57 am

Thanks alot esky-sh for your indications, the part of disconnect and connect again the usb cable,is as obvious that I forgot to do it.
The image is loaded and started, I can surf to internet through the usb connection. I would like to note that I have not a Wince image for 4.3" in the CD, and neither a nboot.bin for 4.3",I used ones I found in internet,it seems there is no driver for DM9000 Davicom ethernet chip installed.
I will appreciate if can tell me where I can found a Wince and nboot images for 4.3" lcd, and with ethernet driver installed

Now the Wince is running, but if I switch off the board, change the switch to start from NANDFLASH, and switch on again,the message "Unknow NAND type" appears in DNW and the lcd is hold in black.

best regards

icaro600

Post by icaro600 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:05 am

Dear Sirs of esky-sh,I have required a ftp access to admin to download a 4,3" wince image.
But still with problems to start the Wince image from NANDFLASH.

Best Regards

Icaro600

icaro600

Post by icaro600 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:29 am

Hi again, finally the Wince image is running in NANDFLASH, it seems the nboot.bin I was using was not working properly.
Another issue is the ethernet connection, I can´t find in Wince where to configure it, when I connect the cable to a switch,the activity led is always off. I suppose the ethernet driver is not installed in the image i,m using.
As soon I get access to ftp I test your 4.3" Wince image

Best Regards

Icaro600

icaro600

Post by icaro600 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:33 am

Hi again, I just tested an image from ftp,everything runs ok,great job¡¡¡
I would like to change the language to english,is there any way todo it?

Best Regards