Custom Kernel

sjs205

Custom Kernel

Post by sjs205 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:20 am

Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom kernel for the board and am a little confused about how you implement the NIC driver. I notice that you have the DM9000 driver disabled in the config files found in linux-2.6.28.6-20100904.tar.gz...

Could you please tell me how you get this working without the driver enabled, or failing that, what driver you select for the NIC.

Cheers,

Steven

sjs205

Re: Custom Kernel

Post by sjs205 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 am

I have analysed this a little further and my problems are due the configuration options for the DM9000 IC. I can see that the DM9000.c driver has been rewritten but is, some-what, a mess and so porting it to a newer kernel is not a feasible option. Instead I will try and rewrite this for inclusion into the kernel but will require some details regarding the communications between the DM9000 and the core.

Specifically, I need to know the following:

1) The physical address of the address register
2) The physical address of the data register
3) The IRQ line the device's interrupt pin is connected to. - EINT7 according to the schematic.

I have tried to find this from the kernel source contained within the DVD but the data there is not clear.

I am assuming that the schematics provided on the DVD are correct for this interface? From this and the device data sheet I can see that the device has been set up as a 8-bit device but still has a 16-bit bus going to it... Is this an error somewhere or is this the correct set-up?

Cheers,

Steven

esky-sh

Re: Custom Kernel

Post by esky-sh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:08 pm

S3C6410 memory mapping is fixed, you can find it according specific Chip selection signal.