Discuss TI Beagleboard, Pandaboard, their related extensions and accessories
esky-sh

BeagleBoard-xM works with BeadaFrame

Post by esky-sh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:31 am

matt13

Re: BeagleBoard-xM works with 7" TFT LCD frame + touch

Post by matt13 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi,
Can you tell me what have you changed in the android kernel integrated the lcd touch screen?
i have see the code added in :
- arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3beagle.c
- arch/arm/mach-omap2/beagle_bklight.c
- arch/arm/mach-omap2/beagle_bklight.h
Do you have one patch, diff for understanding and apply those modifications on the others android versions?
thanks,

Matthias

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 pm

the original sw is from TI website --
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders ... dm37x.html

you can make a diff from the source files on TF card.

samertfl

Post by samertfl » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:06 am

I have recompiled using the new sources and the changes mentioned however there is flickering on the right hand side of the screen any clues ?

matt13

Post by matt13 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:34 am

hi!
what is your beagleboard release number?

Here is description from BB hardware reference manual:

2.5 –xM Revision B vs. –xM Revision C
There were seven changes made to the BeagleBoard-xM Rev C version over the Rev B design.
o Resistor loading was changed to allow for the reading of the Rev C revision by the SW. GPIO171=0, GPIO_172=1, and GPIO_173=0.
o Replacement of the processor from ES1.1 to ES1.2. For a detailed description of the issues present in the ES1.2 revision, please r efer to http://focus.ti.com/lit/er/sprz319a/sprz319a.pdf . There are no issues resolved by ES1.2 that are anticipated to have any impact on the operation of the BeagleBoard-xM. ES1.2 is the latest revision.
o Fixed capacitor footprint in the PCB layout.
o Replaced the microSD connector with a new part. The current part was targeted for EOL and a new one was required. This required a PCB footprint change.
o Redesigned the overvoltage protection circuit. We were seeing issues with a small number of boards being da maged on the TPS2054 USB power FET, so a new design was implemented. Overall operation is the same as the original version with te exception that it is now possible to power the entire board over the USB OTG port. This includes the HUB. Care should be taken not to add high current devices on the USB ports as that will cause the host to shut down the USB port,
o Changed the default power state of the USB HUB to OFF as an added layer of protection to make s ure the USB power rails are off on initial power up. This will minimize the initial current drain on the board. SW can turn on the HUB power as needed by setting the TPS65950 LEDA/VIBRA.P pin LO to turn it on.
o Added the ability for the SW to detect when the board is powered from the DC supply or the OTG supply. Status is read from GPIO.6 pin on the TPS65950. If LO, then the board is powered from the DC jack. The HUB will only work in the DC powered mode so this change allows the board to know not to try and initializ e the USB Host when under OTG power..

Looks like there is no hardware changes for LCD I/F.
We may have a check for the Android 2.2 compatible for BB xm Rev. C

I found a post through the web which saying that Android 2.3 GingerBread solve the BB revC issue.

http://e2e.ti.com/support/embedded/f/50 ... 28477.aspx

Rgds,

Matthias

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:06 pm

samertfl wrote:I have recompiled using the new sources and the changes mentioned however there is flickering on the right hand side of the screen any clues ?
Do you have same issue when you using pre-complied image on SD card? Actually there is only one source file related with LCD resolution and timing.

samertfl

Post by samertfl » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:39 am

Well I have beagleboard xm rev C . This problem does not occur when using the precompiled image from the sd card. I created the diff myself and Im pretty sure it is correct. the flicker still happens on the right hand side....

hanh96_clone

Post by hanh96_clone » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:37 am

How can I have the source code for touchscreen support ?
I use Beagleboard Rev C4 and it does not work with touch.
Thank you

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:57 pm

hanh96_clone wrote:How can I have the source code for touchscreen support ?
I use Beagleboard Rev C4 and it does not work with touch.
Thank you
the source code of linux touch sreen driver is on MicroSD card shipped with frame.