BeagleBoard Rev C4 (Android 2.3.4) works with 7" TFT LCD

Discuss TI Beagleboard, Pandaboard, their related extensions and accessories
Duckshot

Re: BeagleBoard Rev C4 (Android 2.3.4) works with 7" TFT LCD

Post by Duckshot » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:57 am

Hi thanks for all your effort in getting this working for Android. I have been using this as a guide to get the LCD working with my Beagleboard C4 and a 2.6.39.4 Kernel.

You mentioned in your first post you needed to make some changes in the video driver:
I made some changes in video driver, luckily it works
Was this just to the file /drivers/video/modedb.c to add and entry for 800x460 or did you have to make more changes?

My 7" only displays a white screen at the moment.

hanh96_clone

Re: BeagleBoard Rev C4 (Android 2.3.4) works with 7" TFT LCD

Post by hanh96_clone » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:49 am

Duckshot wrote:Hi thanks for all your effort in getting this working for Android. I have been using this as a guide to get the LCD working with my Beagleboard C4 and a 2.6.39.4 Kernel.

You mentioned in your first post you needed to make some changes in the video driver:
I made some changes in video driver, luckily it works
Was this just to the file /drivers/video/modedb.c to add and entry for 800x460 or did you have to make more changes?

My 7" only displays a white screen at the moment.
Hi,
The LCD display is wrong because it don't have the 800x600 resolution. However, the other problem is this display works in DVI mode not LCD mode, which is default booting arg.
Therefore, you are right when doing this, the next step is changing boot args to boot from DVI. You can read the user guide ( TI android gingerbread) or check my tutorial at my #1 post ( link here for more convenient: http://bit.ly/sk4t3Q )

Let me know if it help you and good luck !