Angstrom drivers - update

Discuss TI Beagleboard, Pandaboard, their related extensions and accessories
samertfl

Angstrom drivers - update

Post by samertfl » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi,

Ive tried to compile the kernel with the images from the shipped sd card and it works. The problem is with the U-boot. When i compile that with the beagle.h file provided there is a color problem aswell as the touch screen fails to work on the angstrom. Its been a while ive been trying to get this to work. It would be really appreciated if some help could be provided.

Best Regards,

Sam

esky-sh

Re: Angstrom drivers - update

Post by esky-sh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:00 pm

samertfl wrote:Hi,

Ive tried to compile the kernel with the images from the shipped sd card and it works. The problem is with the U-boot. When i compile that with the beagle.h file provided there is a color problem aswell as the touch screen fails to work on the angstrom. Its been a while ive been trying to get this to work. It would be really appreciated if some help could be provided.

Best Regards,

Sam
Had you been able to address this u-boot issue yet?

samertfl

Post by samertfl » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:09 am

Yes, The problem is with some old versions of U-Boot beagleboard xm Rev C especially is not detected which causes a mess of the pin mux. Where I have resolved the color problem the touch screen is still not working. Do I need to load the driver or something on the angstrom im not sure of that. But everything now compiles/runs fine except for the touch. Any help on that would be updated. P.s I compiled the kernel with the touch screen files from your distribution.

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:27 am

I suggest you have a re-complie with the code shipped with screen. This will help you have a start point.

samertfl

Post by samertfl » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:40 am

It does not work with the recompiled version of the shipped source as-well.. that's what I was trying to tell you it only works with the compiled uImage and uboot provided in the sd card. The solution also doesn't work with Angstrom.

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:21 pm

samertfl wrote:It does not work with the recompiled version of the shipped source as-well.. that's what I was trying to tell you it only works with the compiled uImage and uboot provided in the sd card. The solution also doesn't work with Angstrom.
Have you tested with the re-compiled uboot and pre-compiled uImage and what the result is?

samertfl

Post by samertfl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:38 am

the result is the same it does not work on the angstrom..... have you yourself tested it on angstrom?

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:16 am

samertfl wrote:the result is the same it does not work on the angstrom..... have you yourself tested it on angstrom?
Could you please have a test with uboot.bin which compiled on your machine + uImage which shipped with the SD card?
We can figout out where the problem located then.

samertfl

Post by samertfl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:31 am

I did and it does not work..... have you tested the touch on angstrom? rather than android?

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:03 am

samertfl wrote:I did and it does not work..... have you tested the touch on angstrom? rather than android?
So the pre-compiled uboot works well with pre-compiled uImage on SD Card.
But your customizered uboot will not work with pre-compiled uImage on SD Card.

Is that true?