Windows Embedded Compact 7 ported on Beagleboard xM

Discuss TI Beagleboard, Pandaboard, their related extensions and accessories
dezso

Re: Windows Embedded Compact 7 ported on Beagleboard xM

Post by dezso » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:25 am

Hello

Just got back from vacation..

First of all I like to thank you for all the effort you put in to this project, I'm not disappointing in your effort more like disappointing in Beagleboard community, shouldn't jump in to buying one until I know that $500 - $1000 to buy WINCE7 BSP, don't care to much about Linux or Android since I have not really developed anything for them, C# is the only language I'm really comfortable under WIN platform, wrote many software for PIC8-16 in C and ASM.....

The reason why I giving up on Beagleboard cause I found a better solution, just got a ASUS mini laptop with 1.6GHz Intel Atom N2600 CPU, used for $150, in processes to locate a 10" capacitive USB touch panel than all my performance and development problem solved.
Haven't started but I believe I will be able to remove all component from the case, discard the keyboard than mount everything on the back of the LCD.
I bought the Mini2440, than TQ6410 7" than Beagleboard + 7" LCD its over $700 , I don't think that Ill work to much on the Beagleboard unless I can build an OS with the registry setting I want or similar solution.

esky-sh

Re: Windows Embedded Compact 7 ported on Beagleboard xM

Post by esky-sh » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:39 pm

I am not very clear on purposes of your project: for hobby or study or prototype or engineering?
Then I am not clear on detail of your requirements either: hardware and software specifications, timing and cost, etc.
So I may not able to give any words for direction of your next step.

What I can suggest to you now, and if you would like to hear suggestions on this forum, is that writing down your requirements as clear as possible and as detail as possible, and then to find a solution which can fit those requirement at timing and costing.