Partition Issue

BeadaPanel versatile media display
Myrr

Partition Issue

Post by Myrr » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:20 pm

I seem to have a corrupted / bad partition on a working Beadapanel… it works in both USB mode and as a 2nd monitor, I’m currently running in USB mode as it’s more stable with Aida64.

When connecting with Beadatools to update the .ini file (to turn off the backlight) I no longer get a drive letter. When I go to Disk Tools in Windows, I see the 5GB partition however no drive letter can be assigned, and it cannot be formatted, or checked / fixed etc.

Is there a way to restore the original factory image?

esky-sh

Re: Partition Issue

Post by esky-sh » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:24 am

What Windows version do you have? And what do you see when you open your disk manager?
diskman.jpg
diskman.jpg (134.54 KiB) Viewed 107 times

Myrr

Post by Myrr » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:34 am

This is on Windows 11 Pro -

The unit displays as disk 1, with a single 5gb partition that is unformatted and without a drive letter. If I try and format or assign a drive letter, disk manager hangs or gives an I/O error.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (51.01 KiB) Viewed 96 times
1.png
1.png (14.03 KiB) Viewed 96 times

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:37 pm

Looks like your FAT32 partition got corrupted. You may need to do a format operation to the partition on BeadaPanel.
Here are procedures-->
https://elinux.org/INNOSTICK6#Do_provis ... ndows_Host

You only need to do step 1-6 in above procedures, and then format the FAT32 partition in DiskGenius. You may post a picture here to ensure you pick up the correct partition, before the real format operation.

Myrr

Post by Myrr » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:37 pm

Ok - cool - got a drive letter and it's accessible from Windows now as well.
Attachments
3.png
3.png (98.91 KiB) Viewed 90 times

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:02 pm

Myrr wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:37 pm
Ok - cool - got a drive letter and it's accessible from Windows now as well.
I did ask you to post a picture here before a real format operation, this is for avoid of any mistakes happen. But apparently these words were neglected. Actually there are 3 partitions on BeadaPanel eMMC, including one ext4 partition for BeadaPanel firmware. Right now there is only one FAT32 partition left and the rest 2 paritions all disappeared! It's really frustrated.

Looks like someone manually deleted those 3 partitions one by another, and then create a unique FAT32 partition which occpuy the whole BeadaPanel eMMC space. This behavior is really puzzling. I would like to make clear what the target is for your service request and then decide to move to next steps.

Myrr

Post by Myrr » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:39 pm

In my first post I stated there was only one partition on the drive, I examined this with other software as well - this remains unchanged.

The goal remains the same, to restore the OEM functionality of the unit.

Your statement "You may post a picture here to ensure you pick up the correct partition, before the real format operation." does not mean "I did ask you to post a picture here before a real format operation, this is for avoid of any mistakes happen." I picked up the one and only partition visible.

I reached out to you privately for support, you asked me to post here for the community's benefit. I would appreciate not being publicly chastised.

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:50 pm

I circle out the 'on-board-storage' in red in your OP.
obs.jpg
obs.jpg (179.04 KiB) Viewed 66 times

Myrr

Post by Myrr » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:56 pm

I can only restate that I am asking you for assistance to restore the device. As there is no other support or forum that I'm aware of for Beadapanel, then my only other option will be to throw the screen in the trash, which would be a pity.

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:57 pm

The red circled partition in above post is not the only partition which located on BeadaPanel eMMC. Actually there are 3 partitions--one FAT16, one EXT4, one FAT32. BeadaPanel will only expose FAT32 to user when you click 'Continue' on BeadaTools.

When you are following these procedures-->
https://elinux.org/INNOSTICK6#Do_provis ... ndows_Host
Then you will gain all these 3 partitions with DiskGenius. But apparently you only need to re-format FAT32 partition on BeadaPanel. This FAT32 partition is for user video/picture playing and backlight configuration.

A similar layout chart will be observed when you look into DiskGenius for the BeadaPanel on-board eMMC.
911px-Dg-ov-r.png
911px-Dg-ov-r.png (367.12 KiB) Viewed 61 times
There is only one exception for the difference that in above picture there is three partitions -- one FAT16, one EXT4 and one EXT4, and in fact the real layout for the BeadaPanel on your hand is one FAT16, one EXT4 and one FAT32.