It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:12 pm

how to transfer apps to gt2440? 

Post how to transfer apps to gt2440?
Hi there,
please can someone tell me how to transfer compiled applications to the gt2440 from a Windows host?

Can i use an ftp browser to send files or do i need to use dnw?

or is dnw only used for installing the linux image and file system?

thanks,
Kari

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:48 am

Post Re: how to transfer apps to gt2440?
you can use ftp, or sd card.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:17 am

Hi,
thanks for your reply.

I tried with copying a file to the /root folder with an ftp browser but it behaves as though its read only. That is the file that i sent wasn't there when i refreshed the browser.

regards,
Kari

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 am

Hi Kari

Are you sure its not a file permissions thing on the linux system running on the GT2440 itself? It sounds like the sort of thing where you need to logon as root and then do a chmod 777?

As an aside I too have had a lot of trouble getting anything to work on this GT2440 board, although I must say you've got further than me. I started off trying to go down the trolltech/nokia QT route and soon hit a brick wall, since then I've not had time to get to it.

It does look a very useful product, although I am beginning to wonder if anyone is actually doing anything with this board, or are all the customers like me? ie bought the item because it looked cool and then couldn't get anything to run on it. I must have spent dozens of hours searching on google, but you never find details of anyone who has actually got anything up and running.

Good luck!

Rob

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Rob,
I'm not sure whether its a file permissions thing.
The login name i'm using is "plg", should it be "root"?
I can ftp a file to the sdcard, but not to any other folder.
So i don't get far enough to be able to do chmod 777 on a file (except to files on the sdcard).
Maybe dnw is the only way to write to it.

Going of the number of post views versus actual replies I would guess we're all the same, i.e. we've all bought a fancy paperweight. I've googled for hours too and got nowhere. I'm generally reluctant to ask in forums because I've seen other posts where you normally get shit help like "have you tried google", or emailing a list of shit books for you to read.

I'm using a Windows host which doesn't help when it comes to getting assitance.
Though in the past I've used a Moxa box running Linux and that was a breeze compared to this thing.

When i've got time i'll see if one of the example apps will run from the sdcard, but the IDE i'm using is ARM DS-5 and i think i need to copy some runtime library or other to the sdcard first.

thanks,
Kari

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi Kari

Yes log in as root, although I'm not sure what the default password will be.

I'm hoping to get round to re-visiting my GT2440 in a few weeks time. My initial idea was to use it as a low cost HMI unit, although for the hassle involved with getting it going, I'm beginning to think bare-bones + proprietary GUI library might be an easier route - also this would have a lot less code bloat (and therefore more responsive). In fact I reckon I could have "rolled my own" simple library in the time I've spent faffing about with winCE/linux, as once you've got fonts, lines and images working, your nearly there.

I do agree with your comments re forums though, the least helpful posts are the ones which say "have you tried searching the forum", when in fact many forums search facilities are so poor that you do better just navigating out and simply using google directly!

Your experience with the moxa thing just goes to show that full-on commerical products are very often well worth every penny of their (higher) price.

Cheers

Rob

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:51 am