I hope this is just me

picstart

I hope this is just me

Post by picstart » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:24 am

So far most things I try on this site almost work but because of quirks or lack of testing or lack of precise communication they never do.

An example from the admin

ftp:ftp.esky-sh.com
user name:guest2440@esky-sh.com
passwd:guest244O
The above is necessary but a not sufficient so it will not work without extra instructions
First there is the zero or letter o password issue a silly admin error but it still needs highlighting
Second is that a specific ftp download application is needed CoreFTP and the admin unpleasantly leaves this out.

ekilab

Re: I hope this is just me

Post by ekilab » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:09 pm

[quote="picstart"]So far most things I try on this site almost work but because of quirks or lack of testing or lack of precise communication they never do.

no you are not the only.
i find it difficult too, but maybe as i lear more, it is of less nuisance.
Farawaybay lab run by Eki

the_fbi

Post by the_fbi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:00 am

picstart wrote:So far most things I try on this site almost work but because of quirks or lack of testing or lack of precise communication they never do.

An example from the admin

ftp:ftp.esky-sh.com
user name:guest2440@esky-sh.com
passwd:guest244O
The above is necessary but a not sufficient so it will not work without extra instructions
First there is the zero or letter o password issue a silly admin error but it still needs highlighting
Second is that a specific ftp download application is needed CoreFTP and the admin unpleasantly leaves this out.
Hm.. did you get out of the wrong side of the bed?

I'd expect most people who are working with the mini2440 under either Linux or CE to know how to use FTP from a commandline in Windows, or Linux. Windows has come with a console FTP application since Windows 95, so you shouldn't have an issue knowing how to access the FTP. No additional software is required for a Windows 95+ platform, and under Linux unless you did a major stripped down install you'll have either ftp or ncftp tools available.

If you can't access an FTP site using these basic tools which are included with the OS's, then you'll going to have more issues later on unless you just intend to use somebody elses image build onto the unit.

The password was updated to a O at the end, rather than a 0, as a change in order to prevent previous users who no longer had acess to the forum from access the FTP. It was an intentional change but not too much as to inconvenience current users who could find out/remember the new password without issue.

FYI: If you want to use the standard console FTP in Windows, simply follow the instructions below.

Start/Run
ftp.exe
op ftp.esky-sh.com

At the username prompt, type guest2440@esky-sh.com
At the password prompt, type guest244O
You should now be logged in OK.

If you get any Microsoft Firewall prompts, just Allow the connections.

You traverse the FTP in the same was as DOS/command prompt, on Windows, when you want to get a file, just type get filename, where filename is the file you want.

Quit exits.

Pretty simple/straightforward, and the same is true if using ftp or ncftp under Linux.

theonlyjolee

Post by theonlyjolee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi,

Does the ftp site still works? I can't login to it anymore.
Thanks!

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Dear All,

Please PM forum admin if you met ftp issue. Thanks