qtopia building

deedwiser

qtopia building

Post by deedwiser » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi,

I would like to know how to build Qtopia for the mini2440 and x86 to visualize on the desktop :shock: .
Which one do I have to use, the one from the CDs or the one from FriendlyArm site.
For now I am very glad of my choice :D and have a great success configuring, compiling and so on ...with all explanations and links given from this board. Thanks a lot.

Deedwiser

I want to speak about the
./configure
make
and make install
not how to create image, everything is clearly explained here

khire_s

Re: qtopia building

Post by khire_s » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Hello,

I am in process of configuring and building Qutopia for Mini2440 3.5 inch Linux.

Can you please give me details and links.

you said "I am very glad of my choice ", so Are you using everything from CD or from Frindly Arm web site?
What is your Linux Development system? (Fedora 10 ?)
Which arm-linux-gcc compiler you are using? Have you built this cros compiler with what options?
Which verion of Qutopia you are using?
Which is X11 Qt and Qt embedded used along with Qutopia?

Please help me.

Regards,

Satish K

deedwiser

Post by deedwiser » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Well I don't know how I could help. But globally I experienced an other board from another vendor, and the path was so hard to figure out how things work.
I am working on opensuse 11.0.
First of all I crash the embedded demo because of a bad usb-serial keypad, and I had no problem to load another one, and much more, I could choose the language and every option possible in a very surprising graphic environment and a touch screen working very well.
But I must admit I didn't do under windows, but just with minicom, and an usb software to download the kernel and the qtopia img from the cd.
After that I tried to find everything possible on internet, and there are pretty good things. Not very clear sometimes, but I am always in that process. Just I don't know how to add my own application, not quite well right now, even if I have some experience on that (but different). It's just a matter of time, and that's why I was asking about how to install qtopia on my computer to be able to understand more and practice myself. Just a matter of time.
I installed the cross compiler, the three ones, there's nothing to say, it's just a matter of adding the paths in the PATH. I follow the instructions I found on the friendlyarm site and maybe on other places. I could send you the links if you want.
Well, please ask me one question at a time, and if I can answer, it will be a pleasure.

Regards.

Deedwiser

Sorry if I have been a little long.

khire_s

Post by khire_s » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:16 am

Hello Deedwiser,
Thanks for your valuable reply.
May be I have asked too many Qs at a time.

Can you please provide me the links for Building Qtopia that comes along with mini2440 board CDs.

I also did Google find few things and tried but nothing seems to be working on my Fedora 10 System.

Thanks

With Regards,

Satish K