Buildroot compile error

mgrunt

Buildroot compile error

Post by mgrunt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:19 am

Hi all, i try compile rootfs image with Buildroot software. When i make basic rootfs (without any packages) everything is OK, but when i select packages (OpenSSL, OpenSSH, QT...) after one hour compilation i get this error:

uClibc was built without large file support!

Why? I try enable in Toolchain large file support, but it's any effect.

MG

mgalemin

Re: Buildroot compile error

Post by mgalemin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:36 am

You should read and understand this http://buildroot.uclibc.org/buildroot.h ... g_packages. Also please google your question before asking it and if you unable to get an answer - ask it. Thanks.

mgrunt

Post by mgrunt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 am

Hi, the problem is maybe in OS. Because, my friend send me your .config file from buildroot. He compile this without any error. But i compile with error "uClibc was built without large file support!". I'm trying Ubuntu 8.1 and Fedora 11 (thru VirtualBox on Windows 7) and Fedora 11 on Windows Vista (via VirtualBox). All Linux OS was "clean" (new installation) i get the same error. I'm asking with google, but i don't get any helpfully question...

MG

mgalemin

Post by mgalemin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:26 am

Did you read link I provided above? You compiled your buildroot with toolchain with disabled "large file support". Now you set this parameter in buildroot config but your toolchain is already compiled. You should rebuild toolchain in your buildroot. Delete 'toolchain_build_arm' folder from buildroot directory and type 'make' once more.

P.S. Please read and understand this --> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/buildroot.h ... g_packages