Building ARM9 cross-compiler on Mac OSX

vibnwis

Building ARM9 cross-compiler on Mac OSX

Post by vibnwis » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi there,
Recently, I was inspired to use Mac OSX to compile and build ARM9 images for my old S3c2410 development board. Having said so, I started to download GCC, BinUtils, GDB, NewLib for MacOSX as well as the Glibc which is not part of the Mac OSX package . I successfully built all the toolchains which is with NewLib. For using Glibc, unforturnately, it didn't go through. The compilation with target=arm-elf is not recognized, and error messages suggesting that it is ported to arm-elf at the moment. Without glibc, it has newlib.

Now I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone tried to compile ARM images with newlib in Linux host?

2. Has anyone tried to compile ARM images with newlib in Mac OSX?

If your answer is yes on either question, I would appreciate if you could share your experience and how to about achieving that.

Thank you so much.

Cheers

vibnwis

Re: Building ARM9 cross-compiler on Mac OSX

Post by vibnwis » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:38 pm

Having experienced numerous failure and disappointment, I finally successfully compiled linux2.6.24 and built the zImage/uImage. FYI, I chose the S3C24xx processor in the built. I would very much want to test the zImage with ARM emulator. Anyone has any comments on using the ARM emulator?

esky-sh

Re: Building ARM9 cross-compiler on Mac OSX

Post by esky-sh » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:04 pm

vibnwis wrote:Having experienced numerous failure and disappointment, I finally successfully compiled linux2.6.24 and built the zImage/uImage. FYI, I chose the S3C24xx processor in the built. I would very much want to test the zImage with ARM emulator. Anyone has any comments on using the ARM emulator?
Hi,

Just a suggestion from others whom got invloved with Linux Kernel debugging -- Normally they use printK and printf to output log message to serial console.