Graphical support for mini2440

dudero

Graphical support for mini2440

Post by dudero » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:40 am

Hello Guys,

I can`t find any tutorial how to get a graphical support under linux for the mini2440-board...
I`ve found some finished images which use GPE, OPIE, Qtoia or Android but nothing information how to build this.
Does anybody know a tutorial to make a linux distribution for mini2440 with graphical support?

Is it enough to install a xorg-server?

Greetz dudero

Delavar

Re: Graphical support for mini2440

Post by Delavar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:01 pm

I tried debian Lenny with xserver. Not enough memory - after loading you can see about 2 MB free. I have tried buildroot but xserver there need additional work. I think openembedded is only a solution. I heard about openembedded for mini2440. You can give a try.

philp

Re: Graphical support for mini2440

Post by philp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi,
I ve done some work with gpe and opie for mini2440, both running on Angstrom.
You can run these with either a framebuffer directly or x11.

Getting these to build is trivial once you know how to do it, but a monumental task initially.

Under linux you need to download a series of required packets, git bitbake, git openembedded from http://repo.or.cz/w/openembedded/mini2440.git
Then bitbake the image you want with the packets you want.
Finally, once this is done, you need to install u-boot, the kernel and finally the filesystem.

Once everything is done you have to cross your fingers and hope that it all worked :)

Let me know if you need any specific help, god knows I ve spend enough time on this stuff.
Cheers
Paul