xorg on mini2440

imenu

xorg on mini2440

Post by imenu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:46 am

Hello guys, how are you all? I hope everything ok... I was looking for a manner to run xorg inside a mini2440(with TFT touch 8'') emdebian distro.

I was aiming to run icevm inside xorg but i couldn´t make it... does anyone has any directions or documentation that can help me in this situation? I can install the last kernel, build the root fs , uboot, and even compile uImage sucessfully without kernel panic. (Not with the zImage_A80, because this image available on friendlyarm.net does not work for me at all).

When boot my system into runlevel 2, I proceed to the xorg installation using debian´s aptitude and after this my TFT touchscreen stays blank (white) and blinking somtimes... I can´t calibrate the driver for touchscreen, and even when I run X ou startx (no errors in console) the touch still stays blank and blinking.

I think I maybe making something wrong when compiling zImage or even on xorg config..but i can identify the error source...

For that reason i´m looking for some tutorial which I can see all steps for making x works.. if someone can help me, i would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance;

My best regards,

Carlos

imenu

Re: xorg on mini2440

Post by imenu » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:34 am

Anyone?

Delavar

Post by Delavar » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Try driver "fbdev" in xorg config file. But you can't do much with xorg. With debian it leaves only 2 MB free memory. And it's so slow...

imenu

Post by imenu » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:52 am

that´s bad... Do you recommend other way to get this arm work in graph mode?

Thanks