Error: Can't halt target and make it enter DEBUG state

itouch

Error: Can't halt target and make it enter DEBUG state

Post by itouch » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi guys,

I got this dreaded H-JTAG error when I try to flash a 256M core board. I accidentally loaded a bad uboot and I think it is causing the processor not to respond to the JTAG software.

I read somewhere that sending a "disable MMU" command in the init script in H-Flasher would fix this problem, but no cigars!

Can someone help me get my core board back?

Thanks.

itouch

Re: Error: Can't halt target and make it enter DEBUG state

Post by itouch » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:32 am

esky-sh,

Thanks for the response. But my problem is that I can't even load anything using JTAG. I get the error "Error: Can't halt target and make it enter DEBUG state" from JTAG when I check the board with it. How do I get JTAG to stop giving me this error so that I can program the board?

Again, I read somewhere that disabling the MMU would help. I also read that this error is caused by a program running in the processor which prevents JTAG from interrupting the processor to do its job.

Please help. I am confused! I thought that JTAG was the end-all loader, and that nothing could get in its way. I guess I was wrong.

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 pm

5. Switch Memory in the board to the NOR –Flash and Press the Program to burn

itouch

Post by itouch » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:35 am

"5. Switch Memory in the board to the NOR –Flash and Press the Program to burn"

The board is already in NOR mode. I already know that JTAG won't work when the board is in NAND mode.

But JTAG will still give this error. There has to be a way to work around this problem. Anybody?