Recent purchase warranty request, board failed

esky-sh

Re: Recent purchase warranty request, board failed

Post by esky-sh » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:53 pm

richardtomkins wrote:So the question that remains, after having reinstalled everything and then setting the jumper to NAND boot, why does supervivi not appear when K1 is held and the reset is pressed, then k1 released, then reset released?

It just repeats the pattern with the clicking sound that I showed in my earlier posting of today.
The correct steps to enter boot menu should like this:
setting the jumper to NAND boot, hold K1 and the reset, then release reset, and finally release K1

richardtomkins

Post by richardtomkins » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Thank you for your continued patience in this matter.
The problem has been resolved, I believe.
At one point, I may have used a supervivi for 64 MB, instead of the supervivi for 128MB.
I used the U-Boot at FreindlyArm and scrubbed the NAND and then created a new Bad Block Table.
Using the correct supervivi 128MB the K1 button - reset button supervivi boot works properly.
Using the correct menu in Qtopia (the one with the flags) I can change the icon text to english.

I was exteremly unhappy about not getting things going the proper way. The documentation provided is rather spartan, and of course as an amount of it is in a language (Chinese) unfamiliar to me, it is difficult to follow.

Should you wish any assistance in revising your documentation for the North American marketplace, you can contact me.

Regards, Richard

esky-sh

Post by esky-sh » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:38 pm

We never provide customers with supervivi 64MB version, either on DVD or FTP. You should pull it from somewhere internet?
Our customers will never need it since we stopped shipping of 64MB board many years ago.

We will update our user guide to reflect latest i/f of bootloarder, thanks for your suggestion.